Irish Aftercare Seminar a Huge Success
The Irish Aftercare Seminar hosted by Breaking Through in collaboration with the Irish Aftercare Network took place on Friday 22nd May 2015.
Feedback was exceptionally positive. This was helped enormously by the schedule of speakers.
The Keynote speaker Fr Peter McVerry opened proceedings followed by:
- How We Can Improve Outcomes for Care Leavers
Irish Care Leavers Network- Wayne Dignam
- Homelessness-Drugs-Mental Health
Dr Austin O’Carroll- G.P and Activist
- The ACTS Service & Aftercare
Assessment Consultation Therapy (ACTS)
- Issues facing vulnerable people in the homeless service
Dr Joanne Fenton- – Access Team DCC Homeless Service
- Young persons personal experience
Jamie Harrington & Janet Serwah